MN Hmong Hotdish
Northern Thai Curry Sauce:
1/3 C chopped lemon grass
½ C White Onions
¼ C Galangal
¼ C Ginger
¼ C Garlic
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 C Crushed Tomatoes
2 Roasted Red Peppers
1/3C C Red Curry Paste
1/3 C Canola Oil
2 Quart of Coconut Milk (Chaokoh brand)
1) Sauté lemongrass, onions, galangal, ginger, lime leaves, roasted red peppers, crushed tomatoes and garlic. Then add curry paste and cook (on medium low heat)until there’s almost a fond (brown crust) on the bottom of the pan (be careful not to burn the aromatics). Add the coconut milk and let it simmer for 15–20 minutes. Then put in the Vitamix to blend and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
2) You can that sauce back on the burner to reduce it some more if you want to make it a little thicker. Salt to taste.
1 lb Braised Pork Belly or Ground Pork Shoulder (Cooked)
1 C Char Sugar Snap Peas
1 C Char Carrots
1 C Char White Onions
2 C Curry Sauce
16oz Bag of Tator Tots (Ore-Ida Brand)
1) In a casserole dish, mix pork, sugar snap peas, carrots, onions, and curry together. You almost want a soup/stew consistency.
2) Pack the mixture down and scatter tater tots on top of the hot dish.
3) Put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
4) Pull it out of the oven and serve it with chopped cilantro, scallion, and a wedge of lime.