MN Hmong Hotdish
Northern Thai Curry Sauce:
½ C chopped lemon grass
½ C White Onions
¼ C Galangal
¼ C Ginger
¼ C Garlic
6-8 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 C Crushed Tomatoes
2 Roasted Red Peppers
1/3C C Red Curry Paste
2 Quart of Coconut Milk (Chaokoh brand)
1) Sauté lemon grass, onions, galangal, ginger, lime leaves, garlic. Then add curry paste and cook until there’s almost a fond on the bottom of the pan. (be careful not to burn the aromatics). Add the coconut milk and let it simmer for 15-20mins and then put in Vitamix to blend and then strain through a fine mesh strainer.
2) You can that sauce back on the burner to reduce it some more if you want to make it a little thicker. Salt to taste.
1 lb Braised Pork Belly or Ground Pork Shoulder (Cooked)
1 C Char Sugar Snap Peas
1 C Char Carrots
1 C Char White Onions
2 C Curry Sauce
16oz Bag of Tator Tots (Ore-Ida Brand)
1) In a casserole dish mix; pork, sugar snap peas, carrots, onions and curry together. You almost want a soup/stew consistency.
2) Pack the mixture down and scatter tator tots on top of the hot dish
3) Put it in over for 20mins at 375 degrees
4) Pull it out of the oven and serve it with chopped cilantro and scallion and a wedge of lime.